Arti Dan Penggunaan Kata You’ve Got To Be Kidding


A: “Hey B, Mom told me to tell you that you shouldn’t stay out too late”
B: “You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m 30 years old.”


Sering mendengar frasa “you’ve got to be kidding”? Frasa ini bisa diartikan menjadi “kau pasti bercanda”.
Jika ditelaah lebih lanjut, intonasi atau nada yang digunakan dalam pengucapan “you’ve got to be kidding” adalah nada satire. Artinya agak sedikit nyindir atau negatif.
Contoh penggunaan yang lain adalah:


                A: “Patrick won the school election by two votes”
                B: “He’s not that popular. How didi this happen?”
                A: “Nobody voted because they expected Jason to win”
                B: “You’ve got to be kidding me”


Kalimat lain yang bisa digunakan untuk menggantikan “you’ve got to be kidding me” diantaranya:

“I really hope you’re wrong”

Atau

“Please tell me it ain’t so”

(aru/1115)











Comments

Popular Posts